I love notebooks and related stationery, and for my purposes the premier supplier is Field Notes. I punch through one of their notebooks every couple of weeks, and ususally have two or three on the go at any one time.
One of the neat things that Field Notes do is that they have suggested usages of their books in the back cover, varying from notebook edition to edition. They make a couple of Chicago- and Portland-specific versions, with localised recommendations. I like this, but I feel that Melbourne could do with a version.
Therefore, I present below my sugggestions for a Melbourne-based version of Field Notes notebooks.
- Collingwood Vs Carlton attendance numbers
- Smashed avo recipes
- Punt road avoidance strategies
- Bad coffee to be pilloried
- St Kilda Beach sunning positions
- Brighton Iceberger membership list
- “Four seasons in one day!”
- Sensory Lab vs Market Lane vs St Ali vs Proud Mary
- Corner Hotel setlist
- Moomba birdman trajectory calculations
- Northside/Southside arguments
- Floral clock planting arrangements
- Beach road lycra choices
- Cold brew coffee vs coconut water
- Cup Day – sunburn or hypothermia?
- Preferred Dandenongs tea venues
- Batmania? Bearbrass?
- Jokes about Adelaide/Hobart
- End-of-season boys’ trip plans
- Seasonal Affective Disorder avoidance plans
- “We should have installed aircon last year!”
- Australia day beer stockpile list
- Monash Carpark thoughts
- “There should always be a Victorian team in the Grand Final”